Our Social Day Service in brief
- The Social Day Service is run by the Friends of Crowborough Hospital.
- We aim to offer help and support to people in the community who are lonely and isolated.
- We offer two sessions a week; clients can choose between either a Monday or Friday.
- Each session is supported by the manager and a fantastic team of volunteers.
- We offer tea, coffee, company, a hot lunch, and activities.
How to make a referral
Please contact Jane on 01892 653133 or fill in the referral form that can be found on the Friends’ web site.
Jane carries out a home visit to all new referrals, to make sure that the person’s needs can be met by the service.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer places to clients with dementia.
What do we do?
The aim of the service is to reach into the community and to offer help and support to people who are lonely and socially isolated.
Clients can attend on either a Monday or a Friday. The day starts with a cup of tea and a chat. Some people like to read the papers and some take part in the art group. A hot lunch is provided.
The centre has a very relaxed atmosphere, with the opportunity for clients to choose what they like to do. We have a variety of games and activities. We also encourage clients to follow an exercise routine.
We have very limited space on the transport that is provided by the Friends. Clients will need to arrange their own transport where possible.
All of this is included for a fee of £5 per session.