1897, the North Sussex Diamond Jubilee Nursing Association, subsequently called the Crowborough & District Nursing Association was founded and out of this organisation the Crowborough Hospital sprang and developed.
1903, a lease was taken over Preston Lodge in South View Road Crowborough, the site of the present hospital, as the accommodation in the premises previously occupied in Lordswell Lane was proving inadequate.
1911, the first public meeting of subscribers and friends of the Association was held. Prior to the outbreak of the First World War only the nucleus of the Hospital existed.
1919, a War Memorial Fund was raised in the town and after provision of the War Memorial it was decided at a public meeting to hand over the balance to the Hospital.
1923, more accommodation was urgently needed and an appeal launched that proved to be very successful. The Hospital continued to grow and prosper throughout the inter war years with ongoing support from the local community.
1944, the Hospital was damaged by two flying bomb incidents.
1948, the Hospital was absorbed into the National Health Service on its formation but continued to rely on the generosity of the community. FoCH was very much as it is seen today, registration with the Charity Commission followed in 1959.
1996, the Hospital was threatened with closure, as considerable expenditure was required to satisfy current Health & Safety regulations. FoCH gave an undertaking to raise 50% of the rebuilding costs and launched a major appeal.
11 July 1997, the foundation stone for the new hospital we now enjoy was laid and FoCH have fulfilled their commitment through the contribution of £1.5million.
1 April 2003 responsibility for the Hospital was transferred to the Sussex Downs & Weald Primary Care NHS Trust with whom FoCH worked in close partnership.